Sunday, April 23, 2006

Going Nuclear

I've just listened to Johnny Ball talking about nuclear power on Radio 5.

I have very mixed feelings about nuclear power.

But as a child of the eighties and an avid, nay fanatical, viewer of Think of a Number and his various other programmes, I am conditioned beyond all conscious means to agree with whatever Johnny Ball says.

I listen to him and my brain thinks, 'Hmm. That doesn't sound very likely, but then who would have guessed that dividing the prime number nearest to that of your phone number by the sum of the numbers of your birth date, and multiplying by 6 will give you the number of days of your life expectancy? He must be right about all things. Yay for nuclear power!'





5 Comments:

Blogger wodge said...

He's probably got secret powers or something!

Was he for or against?

1:52 am  
Blogger c&v said...

You are almost certainly right. No one can keep that much stuff about numbers in one head, surely?

He was very pro-nuclear power. Not in a 'it's the only answer and everyone else is a flat headed fool' type of Margaret Thatcher way, but in a very reasonable (though passionate) 'let's look at the facts and add them all up and look, it is the only answer - kiss my numbers!' sort of way...

8:31 am  
Blogger Just Jane said...

Oooo, Zoe is SO like him to look at isn't she? I had never noticed that before.

And I am older than you and am conditioned by my youth to say 'Nuclear power, no thanks'. But now, on the anniversary of Chernobyl, I just don't know what I think.

8:45 pm  
Blogger c&v said...

I know what you mena JustJane - both about Zoe Ball and nuclear power... who said politics and popular culture couldn't mix?

3:44 pm  
Blogger crisgribbel03779105 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

11:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home