Sunday, February 12, 2006

Weak End

Really good to see loads of people at the Blog meet yesterday - I could only stay and hour or so before heading back to work, but got to talk to Norm, Kate (1) and Kate (2), Claire, Cloud and Lisa (can't remember their blog noms, sorry - will correct this asap), Where Worlds Collide and saw Duncan and Rich from a distance but didn't get a chance to talk. There was a list going around of people attending which I took a snap of - but Blogger won't let me load at the moment - boo.

Anyway. Good fun.

Edit [Insert Img]


Went to see Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins later on with the one-legged poet who stood up to the occasion very well. What a great gig. Really good support from Jonathan Rice and a slide guitarist/keyboard player, who both came back on to play with Jenny & the Twins. Bits of Rilo/Sufjan/Bright Eyes and all that, but a lot of Jenny Lewis and the spookyhot Twins in matching dresses and dead on harmonies. It was the sort of music that made me want to be a baptist. I think.

Got stopped on the way home by a group of students who just wanted to say how happy and nice I looked. Which was nice. One of them went on to ask how old I was. I said 34, thinking perhaps he would reply, 'But you look not a day over 26 and could easily pass for one of us in this Valley of the Student that is Oxford Road'. But no. 'Wow' he said, seemingly impressed that I could reach this great age and still both walk unaided and operate a cash machine. Then he turned to his friends and said, 'You lot, he's 34. I hope I'm as happy when I get that old. That's great.'

So. I am officially old. We had briefly discussed age at the blog meet - with Norm looking to see who was the next oldest blogger to him and pointing out that the majority of us there could be his children. The age range seemed to go from about very early twenties through to the sixties, so I was kind of in an early thirties (four is early - leave it) comfort zone. Then the students happened.

As I sit by the window trembling over the keyboard the buzzards of old age circle above the river.

Just above the mass of punctured footballs and burger boxes that sweep down whenever it rains.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Yeah the age thing at the blogmeet was a bit odd from both ends of the age spectrum I guess. I say, cling to youthful mentality regardless of the mockery of the young!
BTW nice to chat to you.

8:20 pm  
Blogger c&v said...

Hi Lisa - it was good to talk - and see, that whole thing about me not remembering names and you being so good at it... it just goes to show...

I am over the age thing now - I have risen above and will cast aside all qualms - ha ha

9:06 pm  
Blogger Buffy said...

I'm hitting 30 this year...and I'm going all to hell.

10:21 pm  
Blogger Clare said...

Great to meet you. I finally posted a round-up of all the various accounts here.

11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home