Sunday, February 12, 2006

Reasons to be cheerful

I'm so over the age thing. Thanks to wise words from Lisa - I told you memory was bad - and the late ransacking of the Sunday papers where I learned that Marlon Brando had slept with nearly everyone famous ever at the time (the list including James Dean and John Gieldud - which shows willing at least, if not enourmous levels of discrimination).

Why this should cheer me up so much, I don't know. Actually, I think it was just the mad diversity of the list that did the trick - as summarised by Norm

Taking them dives

So what do all these people have in common?

Burt Lancaster, Laurence Olivier, John Gielgud, Marilyn Monroe, Marlene Dietrich, Grace Kelly, Rita Hayworth, Leonard Bernstein, Noël Coward, Shelley Winters, Ava Gardner, Gloria Vanderbilt, Tyrone Power, Hedy Lamarr, Anna Magnani, Montgomery Clift..., James Dean, Tallulah Bankhead, Ingrid Bergman, Edith Piaf and Doris Duke...
Oh, and Rock Hudson and Tennessee Williams? Allegedly Marlon Brando, that's what.


On a fantasy top five basis, I would choose the following: James Dean [you would though, wouldn't you] Edith Piaf [go on love, give us a song] Shelley Winters [it's the gay in me, I love the Poseidon adventure "In the water, I'm a very skinny lady" - just the thought of those immortal lines and I well up - no, really] Rock Hudson [let's see who's pillow talking now sweetheart] Marlene Dietrich [Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuss aus Lieb' eingestellt, das ist meine Welt, sonst garrrrrr nichts...]
Am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home