Tuesday, January 03, 2006

walking the dead

I really didn't think it was going to get light this morning. I didn't leave the house until 8 and it was still pretty much pitch black. It was like a preview of the end of the world - but perhaps not so dramatic.

I played myself to work with Rufus W and was enjoying the damp drizzle as it soaked through each layer of clothing when I suddenly felt the urge to switch tunes and revisit Bright Eyes and I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning. I've been haunted all day.
Woo hoo for Conor Oberst and thanks to Kitty Magik for the pic and interview, even though it does begins with the following line, 'Conor Oberst is everybody's number one rock star crush, but he is also a real person.' No shit. I thought I was mixing him up with the Gorillaz for a moment.

I bought the album a while back and loved it, but it kind of got caught up in a lot of other great stuff and random life events, so perhaps I didn't appreciate it enough. Well I'm appreciating now.

On a more Manchester note - it seems like the BBC (who have been taunting and teasing us with the promise of moving some of their (less important) departments up here from London for some time) have made the decision to site their main new home in Salford. Hahahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home