Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Kicking away the stool

Another sunny day. It really doesn't feel like October. I spent the day interviewing people as part of JOB2 - so didn't see much of the sun - and it's a very odd process indeed. You can sketch out skills, specifications, grades and whatever - but when it comes down to it, you still have to react to people as people, and it can do the oddest things to your judgement.

Had a pre-board meeting as part of JOB1 and that held a few surprises too. It seems like I'm going to have to do a lot more on my own than I imagined. I feel massively exposed as a result and am not entirely certain how to proceed. Added to the fact that I am going through an insomniac phase and was up at 6 this morning washing sheets. (If the fucker upstairs can let his dog piss down onto my balcony, I can certainly run a boil wash at 6 in the morning...)

Oh well. To compensate, we have an autumn afternoon through the toilet windows overlooking the Northern Quarter. I don't spend an unuual amount of time there or anything, it's just that I was passing, the sun was setting and I had my phone in my back pocket.

Honest.

You guys!

I've also got a great shot of a well known poet mid performance last week.

I could say who it was and where, but I'd have to kill you...

Glasgow and Antony's gig is looming at the end of November and I'm getting very excited. But tonight I am listening to Kathleen Ferrier. Actually, I've just listened to her doing the Agnus Dei from Bach's Mass in B Minor, and much as I love Rufus Wainwright's Agnus Dei from Want 2 - Rufus, take a lesson.

Apples and pears perhaps.

JOB1 and JOB2 tomorrow - in rotation. The joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home